With schools starting again and camping over for many families until Easter here
are some handy tips for campers. It is always a chore to store the camping gear and
often is done in haste with not much attention given to the equipment. If you haven't
already done so, start a gear check list:
· Make a Check List Take inventory of your gear as your store it, and note any broken
gear that needs repair, missing items that need to be replenished, or items that
you want to add to the list.
· High and Dry Storing gear high helps keep it away from rodents and insects. Keeping
it dry helps avoid mildew.
· Food Smells Rodents are attracted to the smell of food and can quickly ruin your
gear chewing through it to look for food that is no longer there. To avoid these
pests, be sure to air out or wash all gear that smells of food and use mothballs
· Remove Batteries To avoid any possibilities of corrosion, remove the batteries from
any gadgets and store them separately.
· Where to Next? Plans for your next camping destination begin with the check list,
and with adding any new items that may further your enjoyment of the great outdoors.
ABR - SIDEWINDER
To return to the main HOME page click on this logo.